So how do you pack when you’re not exactly sure about when you’ll need to go.
You know where, but you’ll only meet your (much awaited) co-traveler when you reach.
The only thing you are sure about is that it’s gonna be a once in a lifetime journey.
So, let’s dive in and make a checklist of the things that you’ll definitely need to pack, in your hospital delivery bag. The beginning of the 3rd trimester is the right time to start planning this list.
The trick is to pack all things required for a comfortable hospital stay (around 3 - 4 days) without carrying everything from home (including the kitchen sink). The contents of this bag will go a long way in making your time in the hospital more comfortable & calm (though it may not help with your lack of sleep after the baby is here)
So login to your cloud storage app and save this hospital delivery bag packing list:
- A hospital cum diaper bag to hold all these essentials. Look for a super spacious one with multiple pockets & insulation for bottles that is easy to carry. Waterproof material can make it easy for wiping spill
- Updated medical records which contain the most recent scans, prescriptions & medical insurance papers & a folder for all the receipts and paperwork
- Chargers for all electronic devices - phones, laptops (including daddy to be’s device), wifi’s & speakers)
- Hair ties/bands (to keep your hair off your face and your hands free)
- Slip on footwear / slippers with no heels & a comfortable grip (for the polished hospital floors)
- Eyeglasses if you wear contact lenses (anesthesiologists may require you to remove them)
- Toiletries - soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, lip balm, wet wipes & moisturizer (the hospital AC will dry your skin)
- Maternity sanitary pads (that are larger & thicker than normal ones)
- Underwear with a high waisted band that sits above your incision
- Maternity bras & breast pads for milky leaks
- Nipple Cream
- Cozy jackets/socks (to keep you warm inside the centralized cooling)
- Light clothing that has nursing access & a coming home outfit that can still accommodate your baby bump (surprise! you will have one even after the baby is born).
Mometernity has a great catalog of dresses that are comfortable, stylish and can be worn during pregnancy and beyond. You will definitely need them in your bag as you take the journey that may be a little rough to start with but will definitely take you up into the stars.